Atherton Tablelands Food & Wine Day Tour
Tour operates Thursday, Friday and Saturdays from Cairns
Enjoy the tastes of Tropical North Queensland on this boutique food and wine adventure. Travel though a variety of contrasting landscapes as you discover the Atherton Tablelands.
Lush rainforest, stunning ochre Savannah plains and rich volcanic soil allowing our farmers to grow many diverse crops. Bananas, coffee, sugar cane, avocados, mangoes, macadamia nuts, citrus and much more which you will learn about as you taste your way around this amazing ‘Food Bowl’ of the Atherton Tablelands.
Living in Cairns for over 25 years this is one of my favourite tours!
What You Can Expect
Complimentary hotel pick up, small group tour, 7 Delicious locations where you will taste Cheeses, Coffees, Chocolates, Tropical Fruits and local nuts, Liqueurs, Wines, Beers and Spirits.
Stop 1 - Sunset Ridge Farm (exclusive visit)
Stop 2 - Rainforest Bounty
On the scenic outskirts of the historic rural town of Malanda we visit a private property to taste Gallo Cheeses with their signature condiments. We also taste a native cocktail and sip Queensland red or white wine whilst overlooking the Johnston River from their river pavilion.
Stop 3 - The Australian Platypus Park at Tarzali Lakes
Stop 4 - Gallo Dairyland
Stop 5 - The Humpy
Stop 6 - Mount Uncle Distillery
Stop 7 - Barnwell Station
- Adults only, children under 12 not catered for.
- Lunch and all wine, cheese, coffee, chocolate “TASTING” included.
- Gluten free or vegetarian lunch and lactose free cheese available on request.
- Bring cash/credit cards for additional purchases of souvenirs, wine, chocolates, coffee.
- Platypus viewing not guaranteed.
- Due to Covid-19, season changes and weather conditions some stops may be subject to change at the last minute without notice.