Visit the beautiful Village of Kuranda, which is nestled amongst pristine World Heritage Listed Rainforest. The Kuranda Scenic Railway is a must-do experience and it’s one of the most unique rail journeys in Australia. The journey from Cairns to Kuranda offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains, passes spectacular waterfalls and enters the Barron Gorge. The journey includes an English commentary companion, which includes the history of the railway’s construction and map.
Skyrail rainforest cableway is presently closed due to Covid19
Rainforest Station Army Duck & Wildlife Park-Kuranda Village and Kuranda Scenic Railway
This tour is currently operating on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays. Adult $136.00 Child $68.00 Family 2 adults 2 child $340.00
This Kuranda Scenic Railway tour includes rainforest, wildlife, Kuranda Village and more!
Enjoy emission-free travel between Cairns and Kuranda on our 100% electric bus. Arrive at the award-winning Rainforestation Nature Park and tour the rainforest on land and water from an authentic WW2 Army Duck. Learn about various flora and fauna on this Army Duck Rainforest Tour. Explore the Tropical Fruit Orchard.
See an abundance of adorable Aussie animals, including koalas, kangaroos and the endangered Cassowary and Lumholtz’s Tree Kangaroo. Enjoy a guided tour of the Koala & Wildlife Park. Visit Kuranda Village. Explore the Original and Heritage Markets, visit shops and attractions and more.
Board the Kuranda Scenic Railway; one of Australia’s most beautiful train journeys. Wind your back to Cairns through the rainforest and past beautiful waterfalls and gorges.
What to see and do in Kuranda:
- Come up close with crocodiles and get your photo taken holding a Koala bear at the Koala Gardens.
- Walk among more than 1500 colourful, free flying butterflies at the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary.
- Admire rare species of birds as you stroll through the gardens of Birdworld.
- Meander the shops and stalls of the Heritage Markets as you browse Australian handicrafts and authentic souvenirs.
Train Up – Skyrail Return (Skyrail presently closed)
- Departing Freshwater Station at 9.50am, enjoy the 1.5 hour journey on the Kuranda Scenic Railway, a historic railroad that travels through the breathtaking World Heritage Listed Rainforest.
- Stop at Barron Falls Station for more spectacular vistas before arriving in the Village of Kuranda.
- Enjoy 3 hours free time in Kuranda before returning via Skyrail.
- Gliding just metres above the rainforest canopy in comfortable six-person gondolas, the Skyrail journey immerses you in an intimate rainforest experience.